HybridZ

help

Guest tony

i have a camero z28 with a 305 the t5 tranny is bad are there any others that can be used or does anyone have one for sale also hp on the 5.0 is somewhere in the 200's does anyone know for sure and finnaly i how about the torque on the t5 someone told me it was 325 is that correct thank you

The 305 is not much of a HP monster, that's for sure. But it does respond to upgrades like better heads, increased compression and cam. More favorable is the 350 which can be had in alot of variations from 2bbl truck motors to LT1's.

As far as transmissions the t5 isn't a big TQ handler, 325 sounds about right for a max torque rating, but don't quote me on that one.

A 305 with better heads, cam manifold and headers wouldn't be too bad if that's all you have to work with. The connecting rods are inferior IMO to stock 350 rods although they share the same dimensions. The 305 is also a 2 bolt main, not a big issue if your under 350HP which you will be. They have a small bore and fitting heads with larger valves may be a problem. The 1.94 valves work fine in that application IMO. The problem is that the 305 had very small combustion chambers like 58 cc or so and most 350 heads are 64cc and larger with some exceptions.

It's all a function of $$$, time and desired end result.

thank you for the earlier replies

ok its a 1988 with a lo3 borg warner t5 5 speed the speedo reads 115 and the tach is in the yellow at 4500 the rear bumper says camaro side molding are ds says camaro ps says z28 dash says camaro no fog lights or louvers round shifter knob painted ground effects and mirrors fully loaded im having a hard time making sure of it

thanks in advance