HybridZ

Wasup. new guy here

jrz

love all your cars so far, haven't got time to read them all yet but want to post first. I have a 75 Z with a (busted) 289 w a C5. Also has a Daytona coupe kit w some three piece Compemotives. If any of you are in the NW area, fell free to hit me up so I can check out your ride in person. I also need pointers on getting it running again also. Here's a pic. Cheershttp://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o315/jrz_03/?action=view&current=IMG_0126.jpg

Thanks guys. I just PM Vinh. He is a friend of mines and I used to hang out at his house when I lived in Philly. The blue Daytona that he's helping put the LS1 in is my brother's. I didn't know they started on them again since those cars were just collecting dust for like years so I am surprised that they are at the stage they are. I've only been away for 3 years and visited twice but still had no clue they got back on em. As for more pics, I have to wait until the car gets fixed and running again cuz it's stored deep in the garage.

Jr,

What's up? Long time no see. What are you doing in Wa? Isn't Philly cold enough for ya?

I am getting all these Cobras back on the road one by one. We are planning to bring them to the Zcar convention in Florida this October. Are you coming? Your brother's car is 75% complete. Just need paint and interior and he is done. Mine needs a little more work but not too bad. I don't want to rush on mine so I might bring it without paint and interior. I am sure Danny will bring his.

You should bring your Cobra back to Philly soon. You can take your brother's Boss 302 and put it in yours. That 289 is getting old.

Here is a link of all the Cobra info that I collected: #5 is yours but no picture.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/768663/9

Hope to see you back in Philly soon.

Vinh

There has been more snow here this month to rival Philly. I don't think I'll be able to make it to Fl. Already trying to find a week in spring for Philly. Wish all you guys were closer. My car would be done by now haha. It's hard trying to work on cars by myself, especially if I haven't learned anything new and have nobody to motivate me. If I can't get it right, I guess I'll just ship it back to Philly so I can do it there with yall :) BTW Blue, looooove the setup and the look of your Z

Terry,

I want to flare out the 1/4 panel on my Cobra Kit. I will bug you for some tips in the future. I wish you are my neighbor.

Jr,

I am done with the engine swap on your brother's Cobra. It's up to him to find a painter to paint the car. After that your bro and Bic can finish up the interior by themself. It's time for me to devote all my time to my Cobra. I am working on the sidepipes and incorporating the C5 cluster into the Z's dash.

You are still young so get off your lazy azz and work on your pride and joy. Don't wait until it's too late. I heard by the time you get to 40 your brain slows down and you don't feel like doing much. I am getting there and I can just feel it. If you want motivation then move back to Philly and hang out with me. Why did you moved to WA in the first place anyway?

I think you brother's car should be done in the Spring. So if you come back for a visit you should be able to take it out for a spin. That will definitely give you plenty of motivation to work on yours too. lol

Take care and hope to see you soon.

Vinh

PS. You can ship your Cobra back to Philly if you have to.

I thought the same thing about flaring the back cuz ever since I got the coilovers in, my rear wheels sticks out a little and it rubs when hitting hard dips or turns. I cut away some of the fiberglass so it doesn't rub as much. If you run the same size rims as my brother, you might have that problem too if you lower the car more as I did.

One reason I moved over here is cuz I got tired of walking 2 to 3 blocks home everyday cuz of parking. You know how it is. If you didn't have a garage at home I know you're not parking some of your projects on them narrow streets. My so called (theft proof) Civic still got stolen after all the security precautions I did to it. Well I got the 3 car garage now with no one to bs on cars with. You win some and lose some I guess.

Yo Jr,

I just got a chance to look at your Cobra. Your front clip got a very high scoop compare to mine and your brother's Cobra. I think Danny's Cobra doesn't have the high scoop either. The high scoop looks really mean. I guess someone modified it to fit the air filter for the V8.

Yeh Vinh, I believe that I'm the only one out of us that has that scoop. Hopefully I can put it to use when I get a supercharger put in. BTW, how do you not remember my big scoop? For years I was the only one driving the Z around while all of you guys just let it sit around and collect dust haha. Looks like your gonna get the last laugh cause your's gonna be faster and most likely better running/looking. I'll catch up later.

Thanks for the compliment jbk and all others that has looked so far