HybridZ

Which to pick? manual or auto?

Wilson_WWSC

Hey, I just got into my 2nd quarter here at UCLA, and havent had much time to mess wif my z. I wanna get a new transmission b/c i went to the track over the summer, with a scarab setup and turbo350 on a 327 SBC, and i reached redline (5000rpm) in thrid gear less than 3/4 the way down the 1/4 mile. I was at about 95mph, which is extreeeeemly slow.

I really like driving my 5speed 3000gt, but i c a lot of people using autos for their v8 zeds. Ive been looking at t-5's and 700r4's. I cant seem to find a gm t-5, just ford mustang ones. What do I need to do to convert to manual? Any suggestions on trannies or where to find one? My mechanic friend just finished converting my scarab to JTR. I also had new headders and full exhaust put in. motor is stock. I only need some street drivability. Ive tried looking for posts on the t5 already, and have learned some info.

ill be wanting to do this project maybe during the summer, after my college expenses stop increasing exponentially. ty for any help, Wilson