HybridZ

net etiquette rant

DemonZ

I understand people have busy lives, and can't get to their email every day.

BUT, if you have something for sale, then you should freakin check your emails, and respond accordingly. A response is common curtesy, e.g., no longer available, let me think about it, or whatever......

• Administrators
Nearly every time I inquire about a classifed ad I get no response even after repeated attempts using the "Contact Seller" link, sending PM's, and email.

Thats because they know its you knocking :lmao:

I suspect that much of the time it's an issue of how their accounts are set up. If their options are set to NOT receive correspondence from other members they may not be receiving our inquiries. You'd think they'd know better, eh?

You know what bothers me about how people talk on the net? the way the term "fully built" gets thrown around. I mean, if you've got a bunch of bolt ons, does that make your engine as fully built as, say, 1 fast z's hand made twin cam stroker twin turbo? I would say not, but fully built is one of those elastic terms that means different things depending on context I guess...I postulate that there may not be any such thing as "fully built." that bothers me about the same as when people refer to their modifications as "stage X", usually in regards to cam choice or turbo kit selection. I'm like, what is this, Gran Turismo? Put some context around that so we know what you're talking about. And furthermore, thread jacking is so lame...oh wait, what was this thread about again? Oh yeah, answer your pms everybody!

You know what bothers me about how people talk on the net? the way the term "fully built" gets thrown around. I mean, if you've got a bunch of bolt ons, does that make your engine as fully built as, say, 1 fast z's hand made twin cam stroker twin turbo? I would say not, but fully built is one of those elastic terms that means different things depending on context I guess...I postulate that there may not be any such thing as "fully built." that bothers me about the same as when people refer to their modifications as "stage X", usually in regards to cam choice or turbo kit selection. I'm like, what is this, Gran Turismo? Put some context around that so we know what you're talking about. And furthermore, thread jacking is so lame...oh wait, what was this thread about again? Oh yeah, answer your pms everybody!

I too hate the Stage X thing. If someone says Stage 3, everbody thinks its top of the line, where as I may say mild cam, someone will say-o yah, your talkin about a stage 1 right. Its garbage. From what all the ricers tell me, Stage 1 is fairly mild, Stage 2 is a bit better, Stage 3 is badass, and anything higher is all out. Thats pittafull. Now if someone says they have MSA's stage 2 cam, then thats diffrent, because thats what it is sold as. But if someone comes upto me and says wow, cool car, what stage is it-I just walk away laughing

Sorry bout that, I just think Stage is one of the dumbest ways of identifing performance.

Guest 280ZForce
I understand people have busy lives, and can't get to their email every day.

BUT, if you have something for sale, then you should freakin check your emails, and respond accordingly. A response is common curtesy, e.g., no longer available, let me think about it, or whatever......

I'd have to say I think a lot of us have had problems with classifieds here on Hybrid. I think there was a glitch or system error in sending message through any route (contact seller, email and pm buttons) directly from the classifieds itself.

I would personally recommend writing down or remembering their hybrid name and click up on the member's list option on the top toolbar and then find their name there, and send then select send PM from there. Seems to work much better for me.