HybridZ

will these wheels fit on my 78 280z?

hi everyone i found a pair of rims made by sportmax and they are pretty cheap. i was wondering if they would fit on my car or not? go to this link to se the specsifications http://www.buywheelstoday.com/products/?ID=2849. i was planing on getting the 18 x 9.5, but i dont know if they would fit on my car. i know i will definatley have to cut my fenders, but is that all that has to be cut? i was also planing on putting the ground controll coli over kit. if the rims are to big what would be the biggest size possible. also if anyone knows another rim company that is about the same price and size pleas give me their link. thanks for your help!

wheeloffset.JPG

You want about 5 inches of backspacing with coil-overs. You would have to use spacers for sure. Time to measure, measure, measure, and figure out what would work for you with some spacers/adapters.

EDIT: I'm getting myself hopelessly confused trying to figure out offset and using spacers. This may or may not work at all. Talk to them and see if they have anything that may work for you.

Davy

Offset is actually pretty easy. If you need a 0 offset and the offset the rim has is +40 you'll need a 40mm spacer or 1.5". Spacers are bad juju on wheel bearings and stub axels. Puts more stress on everything then what it's designed for. but I don't have any experience with them on a Z. I'm sure someone else here uses them or has at some point. They may be able to chime in with any pros or cons.