HybridZ

Kaminari Side Skirts

Bartman

I've been wanting to buy some side skirts for my 240Z for a while, but I haven't figured out which one's to get. I have the Kaminari Front air dam and I'm happy with the fit and quality of it. It definitely costs more than other air dams out there, but it's unique style along the company's good reputation made me opt for installing it on my project.

I'm wondering if the Kaminari side skirts are worth the extra money as well. Is anyone using them? Based on the pictures at MSA's web site I can't tell if it's any different than the regular fiberglass side skirt they sell, but the difference in price is considerable. The standard fiberglass side skirts are $139.95 and the Kaminari units are $255.95.

So is there any diference style and/or quality wise with the Kaminari's?

I found a better pic on the Kaminari web site:

240_260_280Z1.jpg

It looks like the Kaminari unit has a more pronounced body line around the wheelwells that continues across the bottom of the skirt. I think this would match the stock wheelwell lip and my front airdam a little better then the standard side skirts.

Here's a pic of the standard front air dam that I took at the MSA show:

DSCF1483.JPG

I would really like to see a similar picture of the Kaminari side skirt.

Well I decided to go ahead and buy the Kaminari side skirts from MSA... I'll post up some pic's when I get them. I haven't heard from anyone that's using them or any pic's other than the standard stock pic that I posted above (MSA has the same pic in black and white), but I convinced myself to go for it anyway.

I hope they will be worth it.

I'm looking forward to seeing pics when you get them. I've got a set of the msa side skirts and have been wondering what the Kaminari ones look like, too. I love the Kaminari air dam (have one for each Z car..) and want to put sideskirts on my 280. The rear valence they make, however, is hideous.

• 1 month later...

I got a call the other day that my Kaminari side skirts were at MSA. I swung by today and picked them up, and my initial impressions are very positive. When I got to MSA we unwrapped them and we were both impressed with the high level of quality. The MSA employee told me they look much better than the other side skirts they carry.

Don't post about being "worthless without pic's" :nono:

I will take and post them up very soon...hopefully Saturday.

Guest 280ZForce
Don't post about being "worthless without pic's" :nono:

I will take and post them up very soon...hopefully Saturday.

I'm very tempted to throw up the "worthless w/out pics" sign...lol

that's awesome Bart! can't wait to take a trip over again and see the new side skirts. I'm sure they'll look great. Only thing your car needs now is a paint job.

that's awesome Bart! can't wait to take a trip over again and see the new side skirts. I'm sure they'll look great. Only thing your car needs now is a paint job.

Even though the room addition isn't completely finished, I think I'm going to go full swing with the car for a while and try to get the paint finished before the ZCCIV show in May...we'll see how it goes.

I don't have the proper cable to upload pic's from my good camera, but I got a few from my camera phone for now:

03-10-07_1523.jpg

03-10-07_1524.jpg

The fit is very good, and the gap between the skirt and body is uniform. Needless to say, I'm very happy with my purchase.