HybridZ

Heat not working..Help its cold!

Guest mrw530

Hey Guys,

I recently went out to take a ride in my 77 280 and the heat blows ice cold. I don't have a/c so thats out. The car was warmed up and all. Thinking that it might be the t-stat was hanging up I replaced it and flushed the system and added new coolant. After this still the same problem, no heat. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Michael

Check that the small vacuum lines that go thru the firewall to the round clear plastic vacuum tank are still there and hooked to it. Your heater system works off vacuum, and the vacuum container controls the heater valve that opens the hot water that flows thru the heater core, which your fan blows on for heat....

I don't know if this happens with Imports but it occasionally happens with old Chevy's where an air bubble will get trapped in the heater core and not let water pass through (not sure how this is physically possible but it's the truth none the less) I think you detect it by hearing a faint gurgling noise under the dash.

First things first though I would agree with the vacume post. The more I read about heating on this board the more I realize what a frustration vacum tracing can be but it is almost always the culprit.