HybridZ

How to wire up your LC1 to Megasquirt

proxlamus©

From DIYautotune.com

How should I wire up my Innovate LC-1?

For the most part you'll follow the 'Quick Start Guide' that comes with the LC-1 to the letter. If you lost that or need a copy of it for some reason you can download it here: LC-1 Quick Start Guide for the LC-1 or here: LC-1/XD-1 Standalone Gauge Kit if you have the combo kit.

Here are the two things you'll want to cover that AREN'T mentioned in the QuickStart guide:

* Ground the LC-1 and the MegaSquirt together. This is to prevent a voltage differential and will ensure accurate readings.

* THIS STEP IS ONLY ON LC-1'S IN THE YELLOW/BEIGE BOXES, NOT THE BLUEBOX LC-1'S: Use a 470 ohm, 1/4watt resistor in between the analog output of the LC-1, and the o2 input of the MegaSquirt. So you'll wire the analog output from the LC-1 to one side of the resistor, and then you'll wire the MegaSquirt 02 input to the other side of the resistor, forcing the signal to pass through it.

o Blue Box LC-1's (started shipping around mid-June '06) have an updated DAC that does not require the 470 ohm resistor when used with MegaSquirt. Another way to identify if you have an LC-1 with the updated DAC is the serial number for the LC-1s with the DAC update are LC11188 and above and all LC-1s with a serial number that start with CLC.

RadioShack link for 470ohm 1k resistors

reading instructions on programming the innovate lc1-xd1 are critical to making it work. i am guilty of not reading instructions and expecting things to work-i dont mind wiring things up but i am not a software geek.but as soon as you get it synchronized with the ms you hit the jackpot.i just programmed all the fuel boxes in and the ms did what it was told.i still need to learn more about datalogging .i kind of skipped that part.i need a better laptop than my 1995 ibm thinkpad with the 10 minute battery.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok.. WEIRD problem..

I've been running the innovate setup disconnected from Megasquirt to prevent it from pooping out..

today I installed a 1/4 watt 470ohm resistor..

and my guage is showing one thing... Megasquirt is showing something way different..

for example.. my Innovate Guage displays 15.6 AFR

Megasquirt displays 14.2 AFR

When the wire is hooked up directly.. life is good, perfect match

When the resistor is hooked up.. life is not good, NO match

any idea's?!

I do have an older version of the Innovate box, and I dont want to fry it!

hmm, I had my gauge putting out decivolts, then my LC1 sending 0-2 volts for 0:1-20:1 or something so voltage was linear, then the volt meter would just read out as 10*whatever the LC-1 sent out. One day, my fpr dropped to about 9. and stayed there. then it went to like 3. now it just wobbles all over the place but is hardly ever accurate. However, during this if I plug my lappie into MS, it'll show the right value. They told me one of my outputs was fried and to send it in.

Not sure if this helps, hope so.