HybridZ

how much power are you putting through your r200?

jonus079

How much horsepower are you putting through your r200  

2 members have voted

1. 1. How much horsepower are you putting through your r200

• 200-250
    • 251-300
    • 301-350
    • 351-400
    • 401-450
    • 451-500
    • more?!?!

we have 3 z cars running with the r200 and the hp is about 550 on two of them and the other car a whole lot more :-D . cant leave to hard without breaking the stub shafts :x . they are all running drag slicks so with a street tire i dont think you could hurt the r200 no matter how much power you put to it .

veryone is always asking how my power can the r200 take? well why dont we see what people are running. i know its torque that kills the diff but i cant figure out how to post 2 polls. lets put it in terms of hp. posting your torque numbers will help.
We are putting out a little over 700HP with over 600lbs of torq using 28X9 slicks and have been running this rearend for 3 years.Jerry

I've seen a 240 that was converted years ago (done sometime in the early 80's from what I was told) to a built 350 chev pushing about 400horse and it had the origional STOCK R180!!! I'm thinking if the 180 could take it, and r200 should be good for at LEAST simmilar power.. I'm only running a camed 2.8L in my 280z (but I launch it HARD and really work through the gears) so I'm not much over 200 hp I guess.. but even at this low power, it's my u-joint axles I'm woried about to tell you the truth..

we have 3 z cars running with the r200 and the hp is about 550 on two of them and the other car a whole lot more :-D . cant leave to hard without breaking the stub shafts :x . they are all running drag slicks so with a street tire i dont think you could hurt the r200 no matter how much power you put to it .

god bless that little r200