HybridZ

Better cooling for the guys who still use the clutch fan.

alexideways

Hi guys, I was just tying around with the many RB & L24 parts leying around in my appartement and noticed that...

If you want a better or replacement clutch fan, the RB's is a direct bolt on, the only thing is, the RB's fan sticks out a bit more than the L's so what you need to do is unbolt the fan from the clutch, flip it around and bolt it back on the clutch, bolt it to your engine and voilà, better fan.

RB fan on L24_thumb.JPG

it will blow in the right direction, but at a reduced rate. Most fans (mainly ones with curved or otherwise shaped blades), including that one, are designed to blow only in one direction, so when you flip it around it's not as effective as it would be when mounted in the original direction. It may not be that much of a difference...and may work fine... just thought I'd throw that out there.

it will blow in the right direction, but at a reduced rate. Most fans (mainly ones with curved or otherwise shaped blades), including that one, are designed to blow only in one direction, so when you flip it around it's not as effective as it would be when mounted in the original direction. It may not be that much of a difference...and may work fine... just thought I'd throw that out there.

Here, Mr. party pooper...lol (J/K)

I hadn't taken into account the curves of the blades so, I went back at it and found another solution.

How about this... I removed the fan blade, I switched it the right way around but, I mounted it behind the clutch instead of in front.

It still sticks out a bit more than the original but, it should do the trick.

Otherwise, a few washers between the fan and clutch and it'll do it.

PIC00014_thumb.JPG

Here, Mr. party pooper...lol (J/K)

I hadn't taken into account the curves of the blades so, I went back at it and found another solution.

How about this... I removed the fan blade, I switched it the right way around but, I mounted it behind the clutch instead of in front.

It still sticks out a bit more than the original but, it should do the trick.

Otherwise, a few washers between the fan and clutch and it'll do it.

much better :)