HybridZ

Potential solution to clutch line retrofit.

I am using the ford F150 master with the camaro slave. Had used the plastic F150 clutch line, mine got melted so I went to replace. Dealer wants $54.00 before taxes so I went after another solution. I found that you can now buy the adapters to go from the slip in fittings to the -4an but they are like 50 bucks and you need 2. Lucky for me I run a machine shop so I made my own. For ease if manufacture, I just put a 1/8 pipe thread in mine, bought 2 adapters for $1.50 each and spent $20 on the braided line. These are prototypes so I will have to test. If it works and there is interest, I could probably produce these for around $15.00 each (2 required). That would not include the adapter, o-ring and roll pin but I'm sure that would be easy to track down. Let me know what you guys think.

100_0196.JPG

100_0198.JPG

That's pretty cool. Is that braided line actually effective or simply show? Does it strengthen the hose against expansion under pressure?

The braided line is not my idea, just the adapters. I'm sure the braided line will be more resistant to melting than the plastic and should prevent flex as well. Lots of people are using them, but as far as I know, was no good, cost effective way to connect one to the ford master/ chevy slave setup.

If you are getting the plastic line hot enough to melt, chances are the fluid will be boiling too. See if you can re-route the line or put an insulating jacket around it to protect it from the Exhaust heat. Remember, DOT3 brake fluid boils around 300 degrees or so. Clutch won't work if the system is full of bubbles from boiled fluid.

Those adapters look great though. I think there would definately be a market for them in the engine/trans swap world. This opens up a lot more hydraulics possibilities.

If you are getting the plastic line hot enough to melt, chances are the fluid will be boiling too. See if you can re-route the line or put an insulating jacket around it to protect it from the Exhaust heat. Remember, DOT3 brake fluid boils around 300 degrees or so. Clutch won't work if the system is full of bubbles from boiled fluid.

Those adapters look great though. I think there would definately be a market for them in the engine/trans swap world. This opens up a lot more hydraulics possibilities.

The line only melted because the ford hard plastic line doesn't route very good, has to be tied off to keep off the header. I forgot to tie it off one time so she melted.