HybridZ

Looking for new inner fender liners

deja

Did some searching but didn't see anything about the plastic inner fenders, just fenders and flares. I pulled my front inner fenders off tonight and they damn near fell apart. Lots of cracks and they are very brittle after 30 years. Does anyone know where I can get replacements? I thought for sure Black Dragon would have them but there is nothing in their catalog.

Thanks, I looked on Ebay, nothing offered at this time. I did see some at Datsun.ect http://www.2ndtimeauto.com/exterior-body-trim-c-31.html?page=2&sort=1a for $39.95 each. But they are used and wonder if they are in much better shape. I guess I'll check the local Datsun shop here in Atlanta. His prices are high but at least I can see what I'm getting.

i bought mine on ebay, there are two different kinds, plastic, and metal. I found this site but they only sell the ds http://www.new-datsun-parts.com/datsun-240Z-parts-exterior1.html

The shape of the fender liners is so smooth it seems like it would be do-able to make a set out of aluminun sheet stock. It wouldn't take much work to segment the top edge to take the curve of the body shell. Maybe try cutting a set out of stiff cardboard to see if it would work...

I was thinking since the ones I have are still holding shape and not in pieces...............yet, I may be able to use them as fiberglass molds. Making them out of metal I think is beyond my capabilities. I'm no body fabricator, no clue how to attempt making compound bends in aluminum. We'll see, right now I'm just starting my LT1 engine swap so I will be pretty busy for a while. I'm very surprised these aren't readily available considering how many of these cars are still around.

The shape of the fender liners is so smooth it seems like it would be do-able to make a set out of aluminun sheet stock. It wouldn't take much work to segment the top edge to take the curve of the body shell. Maybe try cutting a set out of stiff cardboard to see if it would work...