HybridZ

How hard is an SR20DET Swap?

Guest Yellownor

one piece drive shafts are available now you know..

mckinney motorsports.

they even have the whole set up ready.

mounts, dp's, exhaust, and intercooler.

im gonna do either an SR or RB myself. been reading alot about it. it shouldnt be too hard of a swap.

prepping is my biggest concern.

not to hi jack the thread or anything. but would reinforcing the body be necessary for 250 - 300 hp on the Z?

what about the shafts? and diff?

one piece drive shafts are available now you know..

mckinney motorsports.

they even have the whole set up ready.

mounts, dp's, exhaust, and intercooler.

im gonna do either an SR or RB myself. been reading alot about it. it shouldnt be too hard of a swap.

prepping is my biggest concern.

not to hi jack the thread or anything. but would reinforcing the body be necessary for 250 - 300 hp on the Z?

what about the shafts? and diff?

If you've been "reading alot about it" then you know. Plenty of info on it. Just go to the appropriate subsection (such as S30 or fabrication) and see who the big posters are and look up their posts, etc.

So did the person that started this thread ever put together a car? Is so what was the swap? I noticed the thread is 19 months old from a high school student that could be halfway finished with college by now.

I noticed Lewis made a few comments about their not being such a thing as a better swap when comparing the RB and SR. Hey, we can throw the L-Series in there too for that matter. I couldn't agree more. To me that is like arguing that a vanilla shake is better than a strawberry one. To each his own. There is a reason this forum is called Hybrid Z. One guy on here has an electric powered Z and even though I would never opt for that setup for my Z; IMO its probably one of the coolest cars on this site.