HybridZ

Bad Dog frame rails

sb280z

I am putting a set of mad dog frame rails on my 280z and had a few questions of the community. Do the new rails slip all of the way down to the base of the old rail to form a fillet weld? If it is a fillet welt does the top of the old rail need to be cut off? If not the previous layout does the frame rail slip part of the way down over the old to form a lap weld?

Thanks

SB280Z

You need to go to http://www.baddogparts.com and look at their rails. They make two different types, one for the 240 and one for the 280 The 240 rails have the flat lip, the 280 rails are a simple U shape. I *think* the 280 ones slip over the existing rails but the 240 ones require removing the stock rails.

But before you begin a big job like that you are going to do your own search and make sure what you are doing, correct?

The Bull Dogs look good. Looks like he sales them by piece. What would you guys think of an x member? Heard of a hybrid that had one. Bolt on to allow trans removal. Also I read on the scarab page that a torgue rod helps alot. (running a bar from the back of the transmission to the diff. 80s camaros had those. might be able to mod on to work. Im running T5 speed in mine.