HybridZ

Gonna paint my Z soon, where to get bayside blue?

gjc5500

I don't know where in Turlock you need to go, but research the automotive paint supply stores in your area. Tell them the color you want and in what medium you want it made in, i.e. single stage, base coat - clear coat, enamel, cat poly urathane,also you may need clear, hardner, reducer, etc. They will be able to give you a quart or gallon price and even a "System Price". But in any event, automotive paint in general is not cheap! Good luck.

Even if you have never painted a car before, you owe it to yourself to do so. Have the teacher help you, but unless you actually get in there and do the work yourself, your never going to learn. Take your time, go easy. Don't be overwhelmed and do one section at a time. And don't shoot it when all your friends are around...thats just asking for trouble. Do a test section on something other than the car until you get the adjustments on the gun down. Once you have it dialed in and have the spray fan set then say a little prayer and go to town. But to have come this far and not take the plunge...In any event, have fun and good luck. It will turn out just fine, no worries. The worst that can happen is you get a few runs or sags. Color sand them out and respot your work. Thats how you learn. So, go for it!

VAN