HybridZ

under dash passenger side noises electrical problem

Hello my poor z wont start again, every freaking week something new breaks..

ok I have a push button ignition, everytime I flip the switch for power in the past a click is audible under the passenger side dash, this time it's clicking like crazy and buzzing and I'm trying to locate the source of the problem. she wont start every time I flip the on switch the voltmeter goes to zero what is the culperit?

I found it it's a bad relay it's bronze and it was mounted at the top of the relay bracket above all the others it has a 6 prong connector and says on the surface:

25230-89958

MR 3S-561

and on the top with the prongs it says jideco japan

what is this for and can I find another or jery rig it?

I've tested everything it must be that damned relay.. I think I may buy a new harness.. I hate having to worry about 30 year old electronics and wiring. mopar69 kelso is about 45 minutes north of portland on i5 quite a ways from spokane :) for my push button I have a switch that turns power on and a button that turns the starter over it's quite easy to do. I'd prefer a key start but those things are in short supply and this is easier/cheaper. I had the starter and battery tested today and they're fine I wish it was something simple, I cant find this relay in the yards may have to buy one online..

Sounds like a grounding issue. The case of the relay needs to be securely grounded to the chasis. Try running a wire from the negative battery terminal to the case of the relay.

This problem occured on a 1976 280Z and my current 1978 280Z.

If the relay is bad, I can dig one out of the spare parts bin for you.

• 4 weeks later...