HybridZ

Anybody in the San Diego area

MERCDRAGON

last week my car was stolen and they theif ended up getting involved in a high speed chase, driving my car. he ended up loosing control and crashed and totaled the car. he even snapped the driver's side rear stub axle in half at the thickest part(the wheel came off still tightly bolted to the brake drum and flange) and drive that same suspension setup up into the trunk slamming the strut tube through the top of the strut tower by about a foot. my dad and i are both z nuts and luckily he had a spare '72 shell that we are going to use to build my next car after an outing to the body shop. i have an rb25de and transmission that i am going to be putting in(still need some parts). im going to be getting the haltech e11v2 as well but i am fairly new and inexperienced in efi and rb engine swaps and my dad is pretty old school and i was wondering if anybody in the San Diego would be willing to show me their rb z and possibly help me with the swap when i get to that point?

thanks. Steve

thanks and you will most definitly be hearing from me. i just bought an intake plenum today and the seller is asking what size or kind of throttle body i will be using. could you tell me if an 80mm would be too big because that and just using the stock 65mm is what im considering. im just worried that it might cause the same problem as over carburation because ive only got the rb25de and it would not need the same flow as the turbo'd engines.

I am in SD but just starting my RB26DETT project so there isn't much to see at this point, just a semi tore down engine in my garage as I am waiting for parts and some time to pull the old motor. I have a thread in this forum about my swap but there isn't many updates thus far.

Sorry to hear about your car and good luck with your swap :)