HybridZ

Reconditioning a wiring harness

whyrualive

Hi All,

My son and I have the dash apart on the 240z and we wanted to recondition the wiring harness once and for all. I checked "How to Restore Your Datsun Z car" with no luck. We searched the threads, but didn't see any related topics. Any ideas on where to find this information? Any suggestions? Your help is appreciated!

Guy and Caleb

im redoing the whole harness in my 280z right now as well. I went with a univsal wiring harness thou. ez2 wire (that what im using) or painless(aonther good one). Its a pain in the a:flamedevi:flamedevi but when your done every wire is labeled and color coded.

by the way there is a thread on wiring somewhere i believe.

Most people just replace wiring harnesses with painless or similar. The only reason I can see to keep the original would be for a concourse restoration.

The issue with the old wiring harnesses is that the insulation gets brittle and cracks. Condensation get inside the wire and corrodes the wire causing higher resistance, poor performance.