HybridZ

2 quick questions about paint matching

sone

i plan on getting my alternator and starter rebuilt tomorow,but would also like to order paint for my 1977 280z, i know there is a post of the original formula and color codes for the restoration of z cars, but i do not believe the red i have right now is original code color. i sand down a spot and noticed the car was actually originally yellow. i am going to sand the whoel thing down this weekend but would like to know if anyone knew of a place that i can send a sample of my current red paint to, and they will reproduce the color for me. or figure out the formula, i love the red it has now but need to redo it becasue of the rust problem im am going to get rid of. if anyone knows of a site or business that can identify my red please share

Any decent Automotive Paint and Supply store should have the information on the color that you need, or you can give them a sample and they can match the color your looking for. Or if you want a custom color they should be able to do that also. It's not a real tough thing to do. Good luck.

VAN

Try this one.

http://zhome.com/History/ZColorGallary/index.html

BTW, on DIY yesterday they were talking about paint matching. They siad go to any auto paint retailer and ask them to scan your car. They'll take scans from several places and the computer will average the scans to come up with a near perfect match, if that's your goal.

i plan on getting my alternator and starter rebuilt tomorow,but would also like to order paint for my 1977 280z, i know there is a post of the original formula and color codes for the restoration of z cars, but i do not believe the red i have right now is original code color. i sand down a spot and noticed the car was actually originally yellow. i am going to sand the whoel thing down this weekend but would like to know if anyone knew of a place that i can send a sample of my current red paint to, and they will reproduce the color for me. or figure out the formula, i love the red it has now but need to redo it becasue of the rust problem im am going to get rid of. if anyone knows of a site or business that can identify my red please share