HybridZ

Had to post our SBF project

er34gtt2000jp

Yeah, we are going to have to cut about three inches out of the rear wheel arches to clear the suspension at full compression. We decided to tackle the roll pan first then move on to the flares.

Even with the flares the slicks will still stick out about 1/2" or so. We almost went with 12.5" wide tires but changed our minds when we went to order them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest da_viper_1999

Wow I'm seriously impressed by you're work. I'm new to this cite but I already like what I see. I'm really curious about your motor mount and where I can get the specs on that puppy. I'd like to do the exact same on mine.

I have a thread started under "V8 conversion beginner" with a list of questions about it. Maybe if you have some time you could swing by and offload some of your knowledge.

Great work.

T

Well we have been hot and heavy on the body work but as of late life has been keeping us away from the project a bit. No new pics for now but as soon as I get the 1/2" of sanding dust cleaned off of everything I will take some more.

We are getting close, as soon as we get the car painted we will make the big push to get it running! (I can't wait to hear that motor sing man!).

Well thats all for now.

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys here is the latest progress on our project.

Well we got the body work as good as it was going to get and put up a temporary spray booth in my garage to shoot some color on the car.

Turned out OK, we were going for the 50/50 look so as long as the car is moving or your 50 feet away it looks pretty darn good!

Now we can get back to the fun stuff, putting it back together and getting it running.

Here are some photos I this last weekend, enjoy.

IMG_1088_thumb.JPG

IMG_1089_thumb.JPG

IMG_1090_thumb.JPG

IMG_1094_thumb.JPG

IMG_1095_thumb.JPG

looking good :) come on dude, spray it and drop the engine in, let us all be proud, cant wait to see it when it's all done, shiny with the engine in, BTW, i'm still interested in any chart of your engine mount, i would be thankful if you can make me one,

keep up the awesome work

thanks

Got the motor trans in today and interior painted the other day.

Had to rework the steering after we installed the motor with the headers, but it all worked out. :icon11:

Coming up next week we will start the wiring and alternator mount, should be fun.

Here are some pics of our progress, enjoy.

IMG_1108_thumb.JPG

IMG_1109_thumb.JPG

IMG_1111_thumb.JPG

IMG_1112_thumb.JPG

IMG_1114_thumb.JPG

HELL YEAH :icon52:, that's what i'm talking about, looking great bro, awesome job and i love how the engine sits low and close to the firewall, that's why i'm asking you about the engine mount, coz mine sits alot higher and far from the firewall, great great great job on the interior and on everything, you still have alot of space to fill in your engine bay ;) a supercharger maybe?? :)

come on, finish the beast and make a 500Z owner happy :-D

• 2 weeks later...
HELL YEAH :icon52:, that's what i'm talking about, looking great bro, awesome job and i love how the engine sits low and close to the firewall, that's why i'm asking you about the engine mount, coz mine sits alot higher and far from the firewall,

Hey MY77Z, sorry I have not been able to get you the drawing of our cross member yet.

It is really very simple, I will try to take some measurements and see if I can bust our something in MS Paint tonight for ya.

thanks for the good comments, much appreciated.

Eric

WOOHOOOO :-D

congrats on firing that beast, and who cares about neighbors :P engine looks great and very clean too, i love how no wires are all over the place. very neat. more photos please and a why not a short video clip of the engine ruunning?? com'on, i wanna hear the beast running :-D

if i could change one thing about your engine, i'll change the valve covers/air filter to the Cobra black ones, they look great IMO.

congrats again and take your time on the cross member chart,

thanks

Thanks man!

Yeah, I like the Cobra valve covers too but these were free!

And the air cleaner was a last minuet compromise due to clearance issues with our MSD distributor.

We had a pretty wicked ware leak from the t-stat housing so it is torn apart right now. Should have it back together this weekend to finish up the wiring and start assembly of the body panels.

Also, I should get my drive shaft today from the shop. Had them make a new custom shaft, it was actually cheaper than having the one I got shortened.

I will snap some more pics this weekend and post them for sure!

Later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We finally took it to the track this last Friday for it's shakedown runs. Best time was 12.8 @ 109.

This was without any tuning and since I forgot the timing light we could not get the timing set either.

Found out that we are running lean, but not so lean as to be breaking up on the top end. We are also battling the stock converter that is WAAAAY too tight for our motor.

My 60 foot times were in the 2.1 to 2.6 second range, it really bogs out of the hole.

Sorry I did not get any photos, left the camera at home along with a whole bunch of other stuff!

Next step is to get the carb sorted out and try it again, this time I will remember all the tools I need!

whaaaaaaat ??? i was away for few days and the car already made it to the track????CONGRATS AND GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT looking car and sounds awesome, about the track times, those are not real times if the Z is not tuned. about your 60 foot, not sure why are you doing 2.1-2.6?? it should be a bit faster, tune the car, get a nice converter and let us know how it goes, and yeah, i would love to see this beast running on NITROUS :) just a small 100hp shot would be fun.

congrats again and wish you all the best