HybridZ

Toyota S12-8 calipers, what stainless lines?

Guest TeamNissan

Read the post several and I'm confused (not unusual for me). Which lines are you guys talking about, the flexible lines from the chassis to the strut bracket or the hard lines from the strut bracket to the calipers?

When I put the 4-piston calipers on my daily driver, the fittings on my old hard lines where too buggered up to re-use. My local O'Reilly's had 8" armored lines that were easy to shape for around $2 a piece. Had to use cheap rubber flex lines until I can find good SS braided flexible ones.

http://www.agscompany.com/products/index.php?catId=37&viewProducts=true

1128966669_pa_PAJ.jpg

The stock caliper has a short section of hard line shaped like an S. It's probably 4 or 5" of tubing. It screws into the caliper, then the stainless line attaches to it. If you take that piece off and transfer it to the Toy calipers, then you can run the normal Z stainless lines on the new calipers, because you have the same 10mm female double flare ends on both the caliper and the hard line that attaches to the frame rail just like the original had.