HybridZ

Ron Tyler diff mount rev A

Roostmonkey

OK, so just to be clear. Does the drawing specs make them work on all S30 Zs or was there something about a difference between mounting hole issues. The specs on the drawing are for 280s, right? If there is a difference, then it sounds like 2 specific drawings need to be done up. Just making sure we are all on the same page. Thanks!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Gary,

It appears that pre-'72 cars used a different bolt spacing for the retaining strap... the remaining S30 cars should be alike. Therefore, this will properly fit '72 through '78. Minor adjustment to bolt spacing would be neccessary for '70 & '71.

P.S. we need to catch-up sometime.... are you autoXing this season?

• Administrators
Regardless of who or where they come from, I think it is safe to say that they will always be refered to as the Ron Tyler Diff Mount. Like the cresent wrench, vise grip, or the ever famous regardless of who manufactures it....monkey wrench.

Thank you... I suppose there are worse things to be remembered by? :D

Gary,

It appears that pre-'72 cars used a different bolt spacing for the retaining strap... the remaining S30 cars should be alike. Therefore, this will properly fit '72 through '78. Minor adjustment to bolt spacing would be neccessary for '70 & '71.

P.S. we need to catch-up sometime.... are you autoXing this season?

Ah, that works. I'll be putting together the Z over the next couple months, so Dustin and I are planning on doing some stuff this year. We do need to catch up, as it's been quite some time. Let's do that some time!