HybridZ

Coilovers, 5 lugs, CV's --to install at same time

I've been searching around for a few days, and am still a bit foggy on this. I want to switch to coil overs, 5 lug and CV hubs at the same time to avoid buying parts that won't work together. I have an R200 in my '73 .

Does anyone sell a parts kit together? I'd feel more comfortable to get everything from one outfit.

Doing this all at the same time lets me switch wheels at the same time also, avoiding the cost of gradual upgrades.

I want to avoid the 'leftover parts' syndrome ;)

Please, can someone point me to a company who can cover this?

Thanks!

-Les

'73 240Z , 327 chevy.

There are complete bolt-in kits available but some of them are a bit pricey.... upwards to $4K or so. They're VERY NICE but I just can't afford that. I'm in the process of buying a 240 rolling chassis mostly to have another swap car. But this one came with a complete all new, uninstalled 5-lug, 4-piston, vented rotor, Toyota caliper conversion setup (front only)... and a few other things. The rear 5-lug conversion is cheap if I keep the drum brakes. Delivery was a bit pricey given the short distance but I did okay, I guess. The coilover upgrade is another issue for me.

Just do a quick GOOGLE SEARCH for "hybridz 5 lug kits brakes rotors"... without the "quotes", of course. Look for hybridz URL's with all the matching terms. Google's boolean-injected search runs circles around our internal search function (no offense admins).

Thanks for the info, Mike.

What companies might I ask to provide such a 'complete' set of parts?

The coil overs can be separated, but I'd like the hubs, CV stuff and brakes to come from someone who knows they will all be compatible, etc.

-Les

Anyone have a phone # for Modern?

Searched the Internet, people seem to complain that they don't answer email very well. I sent one yesterday.

Website lists no phone number. Or address!

I'm not into the 'click here to order' style of business for things other than computer hardware.

-Les

Here you go.http://www.arizonazcar.com/ http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/default.php

^^^ There may be an an issue with the internal email system... this affects the classifieds section too. It may have something to do with the way a member has his preferences set.

So far no response from Modern Motorsports.

I'm looking to order $2Kto $3K of stuff from someplace, I wanted to get availibility and suggestions from Ross, but no luck so far.

Is Modern still ' above the ground' as they say in Iraq ?

Can someone mail me a number ?

I like the Cobra disk brakes deal, it even has a hand brake...

-Les

I ordered from Dave at AZC, highly recommended, awesome product, he called me a couple times to keep me updated on what was happeing with the order. When I called the order in he said he had to get it all together, would take a couple days. Sooner than that he called me and told me that it had shipped. The parts fit perfectly.

I also have parts from modern motorspots, also very nice. I don't have any of their machined parts (besides the rear brake bracket), so I can't comment on the annodized aluminum, it all fit nicely. The only issure was shipping from Canada can take a while.

So far no response from Modern Motorsports.

I'm looking to order $2Kto $3K of stuff from someplace, I wanted to get availibility and suggestions from Ross, but no luck so far.

Is Modern still ' above the ground' as they say in Iraq ?

Can someone mail me a number ?

I like the Cobra disk brakes deal, it even has a hand brake...

-Les

Never been likened to Iraq and don't see any relation their Les.

We've got your emails which started Thurs. evening and it's Monday night now including a weekend. Fortunately it's filling other requests and getting orders out to others including some vendors on this board that keep us busy:) (including some brakes that went to the old guy :mrgreen: )We'd love to reply same day but sometimes it takes a few days to get too all emails depending on work queue, and your chaser email's fine. ALL our brake setups utilize factory ebrake/hand brake easily FWIW.

Thanks for the support guys and you've got mail Les.