HybridZ

speedomeater cable

DAT240Z

I order a speedo cable for my 240z from VB. they send me one like this. I can't seem to get the white part to fit in the back of the speedometer. Have anyone installed one of these on their and can tell me how to install it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-240z-260z-280z-Speedometer-Cable-Assembly-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6763QQhashZitem220081220700QQihZ012QQitemZ220081220700QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

You have the right end. I think it is just the wrong cable. They sent me the same cable when I ordered one for my 240. No way will that thread onto the back of the speedo. You need one with a threaded end. Just compare the new cable to the old one to see what I mean. If you don't have the old cable I can post pics of the ones on my porch.

I would have sent mine back, but I destroyed it before I realized it was the wrong part. Then I realized the one that came with my new transmission had the proper end on it, so all was good.