HybridZ

Bought an MSII

clint78z

I jumped on board and purchased an MSII kit form DIYAUTOTUNE. They werem't kidding when they say fast serviced. It was boxed up in under an hour. I figure it's about time I got one, I have been reading that website since it was efi32, wonderful project that took off. I am glad it stuck to the original free development concept, and sharing the info.

So many toys, the new datalogging and EDIS 6 made me take the leap. I am hoping to get up to speed, and do a bit of programming later on.

I am going to order one tonight!! I've been emailing Matt over at DIY all day and we finally have a parts list together that will work for me. Thanks to his patience and knowledge!

MSII-PCB3

LM-1 Wideband O2

GM IAT Sensor

Mapdaddy Atm/Boost sensor.

MegaView in the dash!!

I cant wait. I am going to run the stock 83 dizzy, the nissan head temp sensor (easytherm it), GM IAT sensor, 240SX TPS, and 42# Bosch injectors, Walbro pump, stock turbo FPR, JSK O-Ring Rail.

BYE BYE AFM, BYE BYE Dielectric-grease-on-the-connectors-every-ten-days, BYE BYE old crusty ECCS,

Hello bottomless power!

Gotta love that good old USPS Priority Mail service! You would know Phil.

I just placed the order in between feeding the screaming baby and trying to put him to sleep! Gotta get relief somehow.

12' MegaSquirt Wiring Harness (MS1 / MS2 Ready)

GM Open Element IAT Sensor with Connector

Innovate LC-1 Digital Wideband Controller with Sensor

MapDaddy 4 Bar MAP Sensor with Barometric Correction

MegaSquirt Tuning Cable (DB9 Straight Thru)

MegaSquirt-II Engine Management System w/PCB3 - Assembled Unit

MegaView-II UnAssembled Kit

It was more the support & amount of parts they stock. I have been reading the msefi forums and they seem like they know a lot, and always willing to lend a hand. Anyhow it should be a fun kit to build, I hope it goes a bit smoother than Tony D :wink: I hope to contribute some tidbits, we have so much good info here. I am planning on wasted spark EDIS, mabey COP later?? It would be cool to see a bunch of 11sec timeslips from the turboZ's

Big-phils videos are priceless, he is like a kid in a candy store.

Just in case you missed this somehow....if you are using an 82-83 Turbo Distributor with MS2

From DIY Autotune and HybridZ:

http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_articles/how_to_megasquirt_your_280zx_turbo.htm

"Using the MS-II PCBv3 ECU

Build the ECU up to trigger from the Hall/Optical Input (all of my MS230-C units are by default configured this way).

The only change is to enable the IGBT High Current Ignition Coil Driver Circuit to directly drive the coil.

Remove the jumper from JS10 to IGN (if exists)

Jumper IGBTIN to JS10

Jumper IGBTOUT to IGN"

and

"Important: On the 'Ignition Settings' menu make sure to set 'Spark Output' to 'Going High (Inverted)' and set 'Coil Charging Scheme' to 'Standard Coil Charge'."