HybridZ

is there a difference r200-r180 front diff mount

madkaw

I am installing a r200 in my 71 . In order for the diff to line up with front diff mount I have to pry the diff back about an 1/2". Is this correct? When I do the search I can not seem to come up with a definitive answer. In Carl Becks r200 swap page he talks about two different mounts, but MSA shows one part# for all Z's thru 78. I have made a Ron Tyler mount based on the stock mounting point of the original mount since I am still running the L6. So was I correct in ASSUMING(I hate that word) that this small change in the postion of the diff will not effect anything?

I am using a r200 moustache bar. The FAQ says to flip around the front mount. I can't remember what the original positon was. I know that when I flip it one way the mount is off by a couple of inches, the other way it is off by a bolt hole. There is only one r200 moustache bar isn't there?

Is the mustache bar behind the rear crosslink supports? If not, flip the mustache bar around and then align the front mount to correctly fit. You might have to get a later model rear crosslink as well. I don't remember what year the change was made but Nissan moved the diff back which required the rear crosslink to be curved. If your car is old enough the crosslink will be straight which won't work with the R200.

If you can, take some pictures it might help us figure out where the problem is.

Wheelman