HybridZ

Car Shipping Companies

Shuyun

I am shipping my 1972 240z form Mississippi to Washington State. Can anyone recommend a specific company to ship my car or one to stay away form? I am looking for a nonstop enclosed shipping company but will ship non-enclosed if they are nonstop.

Wow, that's about as far across the country as you can go! It's always great to welcome another Datsun guy to the Pacific Northwest, as we have a large Z, 510 and Roadster contingent here. Anyway, we've always used http://www.reliable-carriers.com/ for our '70 Plymouth AAR Cuda factory Trans-Am car and is the company that Chrysler uses for all their show cars and they do all the exotics. Nice haulers, very timely delivery. Hope to see you at the Canby Datsun show in Portland, OR, as there is over 200 Datsuns at that one and is a ton of fun. There's also a big one in Victoria, BC in October. Just so you know! ;)

I'll let you know in a couple more days. I'm having a car shipped from FL to WA. They picked it up Sat night 2/24 and it's supposed to get here 3/1 (I meet them somewhere for quicker delivery). The door to door sevice can be misleading as the transporter is some 60 ft long and not all neighborhoods can accomidate a big rig.

I was quoted, 1090 open trailer and ~1400 for enclosed. I needed a rush job, so ended up paying 1190 (open transporter). Normally it would be around 890, but for some reason this route has been busy lately, so I was told. That's a 3,700 mile trip. If the driver makes it on time, that is smokin. I don't know how they do it. We shall see.

http://www.autotransport4less.com/

I paid $450 open transport for Mid-Northern NM to South Texas... less than 1000 miles. One of the truckers damaged the frame rails and floor pans badly. I didn't know until I'd already signed the papers.

My car came in 1 day late. Not a big deal and maybe typical. Driver ran into weather too.

OK Auto Carrier, Inc. was my subcontractor, based out of Federal Way WA. I picked it up at their terminal which resembled a wrecking yard rather than a holding facility for cars. The big issue to consider is that they won't cover ANY damage to the underside of the car which I think is BS. There were a couple cracked plastic clips on the bottom of my car, but frankly I can't say with absolute certainty that they did it. I think they did...

I can't say I'd use them again if I had to do it all over. But they were really fast compared to everyone else (5 days vs. 20), and the price was right. If you get it enclosed, that's probably best since the ramps look a lot less steep than the open transporter, but I really don't know. Most of the other shippers have multiple terminal transfer points, and that is were all the damage occurs in loading and unloading.

They're close to you. If I were you, I'd check out their operation in person and get a better feel for their operation and look at their contract. The place looks scuzzy... but they are legit. You could probably get a cheaper price than me since you might be able to cut out the middle man.

I have no affiliation or connection with them, other than I was a previous customer.

Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

Anyone know if any of these companies will transport a car that's not running? I think most won't, so my car may need a flat bed. The one local company I called quoted me $0.65/mile and I nearly spewed coffee over the computer monitor and phone. That's nearly $2000 from CA to NC. :( I have some calling and emailing to do...

I don't want to sell my car! :mad:

Davy