HybridZ

Replacement pads for 4x4 calipers

Guest larkja

Guest larkja

I did a couple searches but could not find any part numbers. I would like to locate something like a Hawk HP Plus for my 4x4 calipers/driller rotors that work better than the stock.

Do any of you have part numbers?

Thanks

Jim

Jim, for the vented or non-vented 4x4's I have KVR carbon fiber pads. For street, moderate track use (ie. not competition, and the HP Plus is not typically a competition pad either so I assume it fits your bill) the KVR's have been fade free in my experience with nominal dusting and very friendly rotor wear. Contact me for purchase info.

If you step to competition I have another offering ;)

• 5 years later...

sorry to bring back an OOOOOLLLLLDDDD thread, but i didn't feel like starting a new thread when this topic has been discussed before.

what are you all using as pads in the 4x4 setup? only pads that I have been able to find for the "hilux" were stock replacement black EBC pads. oh, and of course the good ol' autozone pads.

what pads would be the best for performance? i wanted to go with EBC greens, but it doesn't appear as though they are available for the toyota calipers

• 2 months later...

At ZdayZ I asked this question some of the Z guys at the tech q&a time. Supposedly there are some companies out there that can put new pad material on the old steel plate. You just tell them how thick the pad needs to be and they can put a custom compound on there.

I'll have to look up the name of the company.

I've love the Porterfields and have used them on both my 510s, my '97 Maxima SE, 2000 BMW 540i and my Z. The R4S pads are awesome for street, autocross and even track days. They work great when cold and don't need heat to make them work, like some other pads. They take a few days of driving to really bed in, but once they are, it's like adding power brakes! :)