HybridZ

Last Of A Classic..So SexxxXXY...Pics!

slownrusty

First of all you were alone in the bathroom with a new wheel,doing who knows what, and now you like Fiero's? Geez, you need to place a call to Dr. Phil. Just kidding man, LOL!

I think I do need help? sometimes I like to lay down next to my car, and just talk.

Guest SlickSW20

I owned a '92 MR2 Turbo for about 4 years (hence the SW20 in my s/n), and did practically everything possible to that car short of rebuilding the engine. They're lots of fun, but as was said, a total bitch to work on. I dropped the motor 3 or 4 times just to make jobs like a timing belt change or swapping the gasket on the exhaust manifold easier.

To note a few of the comments above:

The twin-entry turbo is pretty much what it sounds like: the exhaust side of the turbo has a runner splitting the inlet where the exhaust gasses enter into two chambers.

Single-entry: http://www.andial.com/content/images/123_013_05.jpg

Twin-entry: http://library.thinkquest.org/19199/java/beginner/images/turboch.gif

Apparently Toyota did this to reduce lag (the CT-26 is a fairly large turbo for a stock 4-cyl. motor...it's actually the same turbo they used on the third gen Supra, although the turbo used on that car wasn't twin-entry). There's lots of people (read: car n00bs) who confuse "twin-entry" with "twin turbo" and will argue to the death over it. "Look, it says twin-entry right there on the motor! Two turbos!" :lol:

The guys over at mr2oc.com aren't big fans of the fiero. However, that board is run by a pompous *******, so feel free to stir up crap over there all you like. :) Just be warned that he'll probably ban you for doing so.

They can be tricky to drive, as the suspension design isn't the best (mcpherson all around), and with the mid-engine setup, it's prone to snap oversteer. There's a lot of kids out there wrecking them nowadays.

Anyway, enough MR2 stuff from me. I could probably write a full page on 'em. Here's a pic of mine, though.

mr2-sm.jpg

Oh, and just for the record...the Z is a much better car. ;)

• 4 weeks later...