HybridZ

Turbo build... need specs and ideas for beefy motor

nscason

I have got a hold of a n42 block, crank, pistons. they are all NEW. it has just been sitting around. never run or used. Ok, i want to make a nice stout turbo motor and im still trying to figure out where i want to go with it.

Im looking for numbers in between 300 to 400bhp. i just purchased a t3 turbo and a 3" down pipe for it. i still need a head, intake, exhaust, cam, and ign system.

I would like to go distributor-less and would like to know how to set that up and if i could get it to work with megasquirt. But thats all later.

First off i need to figure out stuff to do with the block and head. I want to buy the l28 big bore kit from MSA. it is expensive and would like to know if it is worth it for my build. that and is there a better place to buy it from? or go bigger. i dunno. i have a n47 head that i can get from pull your part for $40. i want to go with the stage 2 turbo cam from MSA and machine it for bigger valves.

what is the best compression ratio to get? and will that metal head gasket help with that? will i be able to get that ratio with the big bore kit?

what do you guys think? will the big bore kit be over kill for the numbers that im looking for? if i snatch that n47 head what kind of machining should i do for mu turbo motor?

does any one make an after market intake manifold to put on a bigger tb and better flow rates? that and do i want to find a turbo header instead of a stock manifold?

Im still in the part and idea hunting phase. any thoughts could help and would be appreciated. thanks.

Have you done a "search". Every single one of your questions have been discussed and detailed very nicely over the years. This site has great archived info, my recommendations is to get a tall coffee or cold beer and sit down and do some searching, you will be pleasantly surprised. Good luck.

Yasin

Yasin is right, do some searching and you'll find loads of info. That said, don't buy any parts yet! That T3 turbo you have isn't going to work, and you don't want to buy anything else that isn't either. So grab a cold one and read for a few days, literally. If you have any questions or you've got some specific questions, feel free to e-mail me.