HybridZ

LS1 water pump

Hi All,

Does anyone know how the heater hose nipples are installed in a LS1

water pump? I want to run my heater hoses 90 degrees up and hide them

under the fuel rail cover. Wondering if I can pull the nipples out and tap the pump for 90 degree pipe fittings, or will I have to TIG weld a 90 to the

existing nipples?

Thanks, Martin

Hi All,

Does anyone know how the heater hose nipples are installed in a LS1

water pump? I want to run my heater hoses 90 degrees up and hide them

under the fuel rail cover. Wondering if I can pull the nipples out and tap the pump for 90 degree pipe fittings, or will I have to TIG weld a 90 to the

existing nipples?

Thanks, Martin

Martin,

I can't answer your question about the nipples but we ran mine under the fuel rail covers without changing the stock nipples. Looks like this:

Heater_Hose_Routing_003.jpg

Heater_Hose_Routing_002.jpg

Let me know what you find out about the nipples. I would like to have mine sit closer to the motor.

The water pump housing is pretty thick. It might take to a tap. The stock connectors appear to be steel and look to be pressed in, so not sure what it would take to get them out.

I rerouted my heater hose penetrations to go in where the wireing harness comes out. Should look good with braided heater hoses along the fender. Will help sheild the harness too.

• 1 month later...
Guest mosupra

The nipples are pressed in, Its easier to remove them if you use a punch from the top and get them to fold in on themselves. Speed and Performance in Mena AR. sells replacement 90s that swivel which is needed since they are so close together you can't get both 90s in otherwise.