HybridZ

is there an end

rdsk8ter

The trick is to make your fiberglass parts as smooth and close to the desired shape as possible. If not you will be doing a lot of sanding and scratching at night lol. I used the small die grinder that the auto body guys used to remove paint and rusts from panels. It's small and easy to handle so you have a good feel of the high and low spots.

The trick is to make your fiberglass parts as smooth and close to the desired shape as possible. If not you will be doing a lot of sanding and scratching at night lol. I used the small die grinder that the auto body guys used to remove paint and rusts from panels. It's small and easy to handle so you have a good feel of the high and low spots.

ive actually grown accustom to fiberglass im a electrician so im always in it lol what i mean is theose freaking ridges in the cloth

Yeah don't use sandpaper thats too fine or it will take forever to get smoothed out! I was using 220 grit for the longest time before I relieazed that I was being a dumbass and should have been using 80 grit like I am now! Sure does speed up things! LOL I use the DA sander to get it close then a block to get it into the shape I want. I have also used my dremel to get big chucks off.

Yeah body work sucks! I can't wait till I'm done!

Guy

I used 40 grid sand paper on an electric palm sander. It gives me a better feel and control and I am used to it. Make sure you always wear a mask and protective suit. Trust me this stuffs can kill your lung and it will make you itch for days. Don't ask me how I know lol.

Back to your question "Will it ever end"? yes if you have a solid plan and don't keep changing it.

PS. Have you guy used the chicken net on your fiberglass project yet? I am talking about the net used to do stucco on the house. If you haven't use it yet try it. You will be amaze how easy it is to mold the shape of your project. In addition the fiberglass glued to it pretty good after it dried.

Good luck.

Use 36 Grit and work up to your 220 grade. Slow and mythotical! Wear resporator, eyes, long sleeve shirt, spray sock and latex gloves. Having a fan blowing at your back helps to keep the sanding dust away from you. On large flat areas use a sanding board, neumatic is best. You can buy board paper in those grits also. After sanding the fiberglass to the basic shape fill in the remaining sanding scratches with a THIN skim coat of body filler. Next use a self leveling cat/poly Urethane primer. Final color sand and your ready for color!

VAN