HybridZ

LT1 with Computer+harness $1200

I am considering a LT1 for my 76 280z. I found a guy at the shop where I barrow a lift from time to time who can get me a motor and the brain. I am told he regularly sells them for $1200 for the motor and brain + wiring harness. The motors are in running condition when removed from the donor vehicles. He buys wrecked Vettes (some other cars too but mostly Vettes) and parts them out for a living.

Is this a good deal or no? I don't know my self so thought I would ask ya'll. Thanks

:confused:

Jon

Guest sbcperformance

I can get 6.0 gen IV all day for 1400 with harness and pcm or 4.8/5.3 for 1000. They all have less than 50k on them and the only catch is I have to wait for another to come in other wise they just cut the harness.

Sounds pretty good, but you would be better off getting an engine from an F-body rather than a Corvette; otherwise you're going to run into some problems getting the accessories to fit. Get the JTR manual if you haven't done so already, among other things it helps in deciding what engine to start out with.