HybridZ

Turbo Tom style intake/exhaust

gjc5500

I am going to be getting a turbo in a trade this week(summit racing seats for a turbo). I plan on building a turboTom style setup. im going to use the flange from a vg30 exhaust mani for the turbo flange. I was wondering if someone could help me by telling me an idea of what size of pipe to use for the intake/exhaust runners, the main intake tube. i plan on making the exhaust like the intake w/ a WasteGate on the end of it. what size pipe should i use for this? thanks in advance. i will take lots of pics when i get started.

-gabe

are you staying your trying to make a log style turbo manifold with a t3 flange from a vg30et and a wasegate at the end of the log style manifold? you can do it it just would not flow that well. your best bet is to use a l28et exhaust manifold and create some kind of drawthrough for the turbo. what size turbo is it anyways?

as far as specs for intake manifold runner size, do a search in the fab forum, people have specs of custom and mass produced intake manifolds somewehre there. depending on your hp wishes, you shouldn't need more than 2" id that should probably taper down.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll I have to say is while i have nothing against carbed Turbo's. a Simple l28ET swap will make more horsepower in the long run will probally be more reliable and will take alot less maintenece. and it will probally cost less too

Consider your options before you start becuase a setup like this is difficult.