HybridZ

losing more 280zx weight

David K

I guess this stuff worked great years ago when the car was younger, but i had enough of stuff not working like it was supposed to. Since i removed everything in the engine compartment having to do with the a/c years ago, i finally got around to the interior tonight. The dash goes back in with nothing inside it other than gauges, a small blower motor, and a stereo head unit. Im estimting i pulled out another 100 pounds just in the interior alone. Hopefully its more. 3 years ago i weighed the Z at the track coming in around 2,750 estimated because i had stuff in the hatch area. I dont have bumpers under the fiberglass body, so that lessens the weight a lot. So anyway here are some pics of the crap i removed tonight along with the items on a scale to show how much they weigh.

s01.jpg

s02.jpg

s03.jpg

Somebody please tell me what all this stuff controls?

s04.jpg

s05.jpg

Entire climate control unit, some heater core thing, blower motor and misc crap from the interior.

s06.jpg

Climate control weighing in at almost 20 pounds

s07.jpg

Blower motor assembly around 15 pounds

s08.jpg

Heater core around 15 pounds

s09.jpg

What the heck is this? I pulled the dash and it fell out from the steering wheel area. Warning something?

s10.jpg

Next week ill be removing all the tape, carpet fuzzies, tar....lots of stupid tar. After that im lightly sanding everything inside and spraying with Rustoleum 'smoke gray' primer like the Nissan Performance Mag g20 race car http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/september05/g20/. Im not sure if im going to leave it primer, or do something with it. When i get my 6 point cage in, ill decide then. Im leaning toward the primer. I also have a set of Mitsubishi Eclipse seats that are going in after the spraying is done.

Well I can tell you this, my 82 turbo that I had, I removed the a/c and also removed the spare tire. Everything else was still there plus the MSA II aero kit. (Bumpers were still retained with this kit)

The car with approxiamately 5 gallons of gas, (right at 1/4 of a tank) weighed in at 2750.

I would think with all that you have removed your well below that lol.

Going left to right... Tail and stop light sensor, Controller and relay for your Automatic speed control device.

Thanks Larry. I guess ill leave these in there. What is Automatic speed control, speed of what?

Interested in getting rid of that manual control set for the AC?

I kind of wrecked it when i pulled it out. Sorry!