HybridZ

I need advice on wheel height

Guys, I need some advice. I'm looking into getting a set of 225/60/r15's for my new enkies but I have some concens. First off, my Z is lowered you could see a side shot of my Z by following this link http://www.zdriver.com/rides/detailride.php?cat=2&relIdx=11&vehId=69 now I want the tires to tuck nicely in the wheel wells thus the 60 series tires BUT I totally did not take into consideration the fact that the 225's would be wider ultimately making the wheels taller in height as well. This concerns me as I do not want to worry about my wheels rubbing. Sooo...would 225/55's still be too high? or should I go with 50's...again, I don't want to have a big ass gap in the well, I want it to fill out nicely. Thanks all. rockon.gif

Even within the same size tire there can be discrepancies between manufacturers. You can get reall close by taking the tire section 225, multiplying by aspect ratio 60%, double it for both sides of the rim, divide by 25.4 mm/in and add the rim width, 15". 225*.6 +135, 135x2=270, 270/25.4=10.63, 10.63+15~=25.63 You can do this for any tire and get pretty close. The 55 series is ~25.1" tall. Tread width gets wider as the aspect ratio goes down as well even though section width is the same.

Guest Rick Johnson

The key to getting the tires to sit under the wheel well is wheel offset. That said, with 11mm offset my Yokohama AVS 225 60 15's barely cleared the fender of my 73 240 when it had stock suspension.

You should visit the website of the tire mfg and see what he claims the max section width will be for the tire and wheel width you are thinking about.

I spent a bunch of money with Tire Rack having them send me down 1 tire at a time to determine if it would fit.

Good luck, a bit of trial and error should be anticipated.

Guest greimann

225-60 15's are no problem on a lowered ZX. Check out the pix at the link below. I have Eibach springs that lower about an inch or so. The height is really not the problem. If the fronts are too wide, they will hit the strut. I currently have Yokohama AVS Intermediates on the car. Previously I have had BF Goodrich Comp TA'a, Dunlop D40M2's and Yokohama A520s'. All 225-60 15 on stock "Swastica" wheels.

Guest greimann

RatedZ, Re:turn signals

Those lights were dual purpose driving / fog lights. I took out the high watt bulb for the amber section and put in a regular turn signal bulb. I also had to enlarge the opening in the bumper and fab some brackets. I got them from Pep Boys several years ago, but I don't think they are available any more. emo.gif

Mike did you get the email I sent you with the excel spreadsheet attached? It gives you speeds at different rpm's depending on your tranny, diff, etc. but it also tells you how wide your tires are how tall they are and so on, all you have to do is enter the tire size and it does the math.

Dragonfly

Dang that's a good job on the turn signals...I thought they where like the stockers you see on Fairlady's. Good job and I'll take a look at PepBoys and see if they still sell it. Thanks.

Hey Miles....no I did not get anything, I've been having problems with my hotmail account being bombarded with junk mail making my account full. Could you re-send it? Thanks for your help! cheers.gif