HybridZ

More trans questions

mannyvig

I have worked for Nissan/Infiniti for several years now including one year doing a lot of one-off stuff at the Arizona test center. I remember once taking an older 4wd Pathfinder ,taking the t-case off and slipping a drive shaft in the trans output. Odviously we had the computer freaking out but we were able to Consult out way through it. It looked weird from underneath but it ran. And yes ,i know, Pathfinder 4wd system is a world different from the rb26 atessa system, so dont burn me on that one.

Has anyone ever trued mating a custom shaft to the output of the trans without the case attached? Or is that just a far fetched dream?

I'm not trying to speak from my behind i just need to know some facts.

Yes i have searched this subject but have not heard of someone trying this.

Please help if you can.

Thanks

About the pathfinder, all this was done at the test center where we couldnt take camera phones due to all the Top-secret cars and work bein done. So unfortunately no i have no pics. I really would not want to get sued.:icon6:

Ya i was thinking about takin the internals out. Is it possible to just mate a shaft to the output of the trans and just put the t-case in the junk pile?