HybridZ

O2 Sensor Placement??

Alf

Hey guys and gals,

The task of building a set of headers for the VG30 hot rod is quickly aproaching and depending on what kind of answers I get here could greatly affect the design. My question is this: Is it acceptable to run the O2 sensor on only one bank of the engine? I know stock the VG has joined manifolds and the O2 sensor is directly after they join. The engine I am using is a bone stock NA VG30e from an 84 300ZX. The reason I'm asking is because connecting the pipes is going to require some extra work, but I want to do this the right way. So is it good practice to run the O2 on only one bank of cylinders?? Thanks.

• Administrators
My question is this: Is it acceptable to run the O2 sensor on only one bank of the engine?

Mid to late '80's Vette's ran an O2 on one bank only. I suspect most, if not all, V6/V8 GM's in that time period did (I can also vouch for 2.8L V6 Celebrities in that period). Later, with the release of the LT1, GM ran one on EACH bank... BUT, the ECM had the power to individually trim on a bank-to-bank basis.