HybridZ

Skyline GTR Diff.

alexideways

:?:Any one knows if the R200 CLSD from the Skyline has the same spline count as the Z31 R200 CLSD???

:?:Also, if any one could give me info on the R200 ACTIVE LSD that came in the R33 GTR Vspec, it would be appreciated... I have the opportunity to buy one for very cheap, but I only get the Diff. itself, the output shaft with the ring gears & bearings. img5554jm2.jpg

:?:The bearings look bigger than the usual R200 and was wondering if it would fit in any R200 housing???

:?:Also, does this use the ABS module and sensors to control lock-up???

:?:Last, but not least, how exactly does the Diff. locks-up??? Magnets or some kind of Airlock like in the off-road trucks???

Thanks.

I do believe 89% sure that the R32 uses the same 29 spline, not sure if that means ALL of the R32's. I believe it is a Tomei unit and looks a bit different then the Z31 diff. The R33 and the R34 are definately different splines though... I think the information is buried somewhere on this site.

I have two of the 1990 R32 Skyline GT-R R200 CLSD's. The spline count on the side input shafts are 30 count.

I counted the splines on three different side input shafts, for the Z31 CLSD (spline count 29), then the side stubs from a R31 1988 Skyline GT-R (that came with the R200 CLSD long nose, it has 29 also), then finally, the side stub shafts that came with the R32 GT-R diff shown (30 spline) 6 bolt shafts....

Click on thumbnails

dcp0130ho9.th.jpg

dcp0381hb9.th.jpg

dcp0382zk7.th.jpg

dcp0132fl9.th.jpg

dcp0380tq5.th.jpg

dcp0379co7.th.jpg