HybridZ

what radiator to use on a 5.0 swap

stangracr

LOOOL ok ok i'll go to bed :) one last question, 0.625 is the stock Pilot Diameter ?? i wanna make sure before i get this part shipped to kuwait because its a one way trip.

P.S. thanks alot bro for your help and you time :)

I am using:

655-1465

From Jegs. It is the March serpentine adjustable alternator bracket. It allows me to run the stock reverse rotation pump from the later model 5.0L motors. I only have crank, alternator, and water pump running. The belt goes from the crank to the alternator back to the crank. The backside fo the belt rotates the water pump. Hope that helps. Goodyear makes a belt around 40" that works. Forget the P/N, just measure with string and then use goodyears online part number system to figure it out:

Untitled_thumb.jpg

hi guys, parts received today :)

i took everything out of the car except for one Water pump bolt :(

this thing is stuck, i tryed everything but i cant remove it. i'll be trying again today, and than i'll install all the new stuff :) but still i have to fabricate mounts for the radiator.

• 7 months later...
Guest Justlikemusic

The donor car I'm using is a Jaguar XJ6 with a 302 Windsor... I would like to use it's radiator if possible, but am unsure of the dimensions I have to work with. What is the widest possible radiator that can be fitted to a 280ZX? I dont mind cutting a bit and grinding... radiator hose on the top drivers side, and bottom passenger side.

Im going to pull it out today.

• 1 month later...