HybridZ

255 teeth support?

Nismo280zEd

I've asked before about support of 132 teeth and was told it's too much for the processor... well I found this over on rennlist.....

I got the engine started and running last week (or maybe two weeks ago). It sounds awesome. I'm going to try and get some more pictures and videos tomorrow.

Really good news on the MSnS-E code side too! James just released some new alpha code that can decode up to 255 flywheel teeth through software alone! Its still highly experimental, but its possible I'll be able to just throw a VR on my 100 tooth flywheel (on the Briggs) and feed it a cam sync and be done with it. The new alpha code even has COP support for odd-fires up to 6 cylinders! Really some great news.

dated back in 2005... so did this code flop? his link is dead.

Source... http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=222201&page=10&pp=15

look mid page 10.

They also talk about divide by N chips lowering the signals. So from a 132 flywheel to a 44 or 66.

You can use a divide-by-N chip to get the number of teeth down to a reasonable number, but currently MS-2 doesn't handle dual trigger setups(aka N+1 instead of N-1), which I'm assuming is what the 924 is if its similar to the 944. MSnS/Extra handles dual triggers, so as long as you use a divider circuit to get the number of teeth into the 50 or less range, it will work for you. Here is a post about using the divider circuit by a 944 guy: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?p=3269309 MS2/Extra will have dual trigger support, but there is no release date on that yet.

It's also mentioned on the rennlist board.

-Ed