HybridZ

Toys from your youth

Trevor

Micronauts, Licoln Logs, Erector Set, Ferrari Pedal Car, Penny Racers, G-Plus F1 slot cars, Intellivision...

Ah, Micronauts! I culdn't remember their name, so I didn't include it in my list, but those were cool and I had plenty, but no Barron Karza :-(

Davy

I swear Grumpy, you and I have alot in common... I got my first shot gun, a .410 single at 5yrs and used to shoot crows out of the Pecan trees for my Mom. Then I got a .22 Marlin at 8 and a 20ga pump and a 30/30 when I was 11 and went hunting BY MYSELF all over the farm in SC growing up.

I always knew what to do and how to handle a weapon... I can't IMAGINE giving a kid that age a gun and no supervision these days...

Evil Knievil Canyon Cycle. Had the wind up wheel and then launch!

Legos before they came as "kits".. you built what you wanted not what they were designed to be...

Lincoln Logs and Water Rockets

And just plain good old SAND we would cast into little building blocks with tin cans and plastic boxes our fishhooks came in. Then we would play GODZILLA and destroy the cities we built !!!

And dont forget FIREWORKS!!! Back when you could do some serious damage!!!

I even had the Evil Knievel 10 spd bike... it was red white blus and silver with stars and his signature sewn into the seat... I wonder what that would be worth now.....

• 5 weeks later...

I liked all the cool war toys:

Bazookas, Mortars, Okinawa Guns (stuff that would lob projectiles) - we'd stage battles all day long. The grenades that you put caps in, the whole nine yards.

GI Joes were for pu$$ies.

When dad was in town, he helped us build bunkers and tanks, when he didn't take me hunting...

Plastic Army Men, Erector set, Plastic Models (of anything), oh and guns...got my 1st pellet gun at 5, Marlin .22 at 7, Sako FinnBear .243 at 10, Sako FinnBear .270 at 12, Colt Snubnose .38 at 15, Dads 1971 240-Z at 16..still playing with Guns and Cars