HybridZ

hooking up outputs with megasquirt-I got a question-

big-phil

Yeah bro!! lol. I had to read it a few times to understand but I know what you're talking about.

And here's plain english for the guy that asked if he could use his 72 tach like three times..

What Z-ya is trying to say is 73 and up = bueno 70-72 no bueno.

Do ya get it now??

Yeah bro!! lol. I had to read it a few times to understand but I know what you're talking about.

And here's plain english for the guy that asked if he could use his 72 tach like three times..

What Z-ya is trying to say is 73 and up = bueno 70-72 no bueno.

Do ya get it now??

If you really don't have anything to say about getting the tach work, so why are you writing??

I haven't asked three times or have I??

Correction:

You will need a '74 to '78 tach. The '73 is still a current sensing tach. How do I know this? MY '73 had a current sensing tach, and all information I've read confirms this.

A '74 260 tach has the same font as the earlier 240 tach, but is voltage (points) sensing. I have one of these that I'd be willing to part with. It will be in a 280 enclosure, since I used part of the 260 enclosure for my gauge conversion. The only difference between the 260 and 280 tach enclosure is the 4 screws that hold the face (black plastic) to the metal rear casing.

Correction:

You will need a '74 to '78 tach. The '73 is still a current sensing tach. How do I know this? MY '73 had a current sensing tach, and all information I've read confirms this.

My previous car, which was 240z -73 also had current sensing tach so you are right on that.

My stock tach works now.

I just wired that original black/white wire to the coil pack +12v without the resistor. So that power to the coil pack goes through the loop in tach.

So simple that I didn't even think it could work. :)

Glad to hear it works!

My initial concern was that you are now powering three coils through a tach that originally powered only one stock one. Since they are not firing at the same time, this should not be a problem. But, your modern wasted spark coils do use more power. Again, I don't think it will be a problem because I know many people that run hot coils through the stock tach.

Pete

Glad to hear it works!

My initial concern was that you are now powering three coils through a tach that originally powered only one stock one. Since they are not firing at the same time, this should not be a problem. But, your modern wasted spark coils do use more power. Again, I don't think it will be a problem because I know many people that run hot coils through the stock tach.

Pete

It seems to work very well even on high revs and on boost so I think it's ok.

I only have to calibrate the tach a little when I compared the tach reading and MS reading.