HybridZ

Ground Control Camber Plate Question

I want to order a set of ground control camber plates for the front of my 280Z to go along with my coilover/sectioned strut setup. I plan on running illuminas. On the ground control website - it asks for the "strut diameter in mm":

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=151/CA=97

What is this dimension for the illuminas?

Why are they asking this question?

Thanks!

They are asking this question because they have custom built monoballs now that they use in the camber plates. So if your strut has a threaded section which is 12mm like a stock Z strut, they give you a 12mm hole in the monoball and this eliminates the need for a spacer like my older units have. If you're using MR2 struts in the front, those have a 14mm shaft.

How about for the 280zx? I was going to order theirs, but I don't know the difference between a 15mm Nissan and 15mm Japanese. Do you? Also, when I measured the thread, I believe it came out to right in between 15mm and 5/8, so it's safe to assume to go with the larger of the two, correct?

How about for the 280zx? I was going to order theirs, but I don't know the difference between a 15mm Nissan and 15mm Japanese. Do you? Also, when I measured the thread, I believe it came out to right in between 15mm and 5/8, so it's safe to assume to go with the larger of the two, correct?

I don't understand what you're asking. I thought the 280ZX also had a 12mm shaft. 15mm Nissan and 15mm Japanese??? No clue what you're talking about. If you guys tell Ground Control what struts you're running they can probably tell you what monoballs you need.

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=659/CA=97

It's listed for a 510, but says it also fits the 280zx. It lists a 15mm Nissan, 15mm Japanese, or 5/8. I assumed this was for the size of the monoball, so I measured the threaded section with my digital caliper. I can't remember the exact measurement, but it was between 15mm and 5/8". I guess I'd be better off just calling them and telling them what strut I have.

I called ground control today. They told me to leave the field blank and enter the shock part number in the comments section when I ordered. I did just that - and recieved an email a few hours later from one of their sales representatives thanking me for not trying to over-think it - and just let him do his job. He said "I know exactly what to include on your order". I recommend this route when dealing with ground control.