HybridZ

Good thing i took it to a shop

typhoone

I was going to ask how in the world you were able to hear a boost leak when you don't have a muffler, I guess it's an irrelevant question now. :)

Maybe the zip ties held the waste gate open a little to prevent boost higher than 6psi. Could be the PO's way of preventing himself from overboosting the car. Make sure you keep a close eye on the boost guage when you test drive it.

Wheelman

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, it was set the way he wanted it at 9psi and was at full boost by 2900 rpms. I want to say that he said something about keeping it from flexing or something. it was meant to hit 9psi, and was doing it fine until all the boost leaks started

no, it was set the way he wanted it at 9psi and was at full boost by 2900 rpms. I want to say that he said something about keeping it from flexing or something. it was meant to hit 9psi, and was doing it fine until all the boost leaks started

I'd say replace the waste gate as it probably has issues if there were zip ties on it. Better safe then sitting on the side of the road wishing you had...

• 1 month later...