HybridZ

rturbo 930's 1976 280Z

hello all. this is my '76 280z. currently the only major mods are triple weber carbs, a 3.90 differential, custon short shifter done by the previous owner, 11lb flywheel, centerforce 2 clutch, camshaft, and a 5 speed, just off the top of my head.

plans for now are:

new (cheap) paint. probably a gloss black/flat black two tone.

fix all the rust, which it doesnt seem to have too much of.

fix the dash (see pictures - its bad)

replace all the weather stripping

replace worn items in suspension

however, when i actually have money, i plan on completely tearing down the car, repainting it (interlagos blue), fixing all the body imperfectings, all new suspension, probably a 5 lug conversion, new wheels, new interior, 240z bumpers, some lightweight body parts, etc. i dont have a final list yet but you get the idea, i hope.

now, onto the pics. enjoy.

when i first got it, sorry its blurry but its the only pic i have:

DSCF1424.jpg

the dash:

DSCF1426.jpg

somewhat torn apart:

DSCF1450.jpg

and pretty much as it sits now:

DSCF1613.jpg

DSCF1627.jpg

nothing real exciting, i know, but nothing real exciting has happened yet.

you can kind of see my floorpan. i dont think the rust is too bad:

DSCF1616.jpg

and a few things i painted with gloss black rustoleum spray paint:

DSCF1702.jpg

DSCF1700.jpg

thats it for now. if you have any questions/comments/whatever, feel free to PM me :)

• 1 year later...

I got bored yesterday. It's not much progress, but whatever. It's something, which is better than nothing. First, I'll update you guys a little. It is now completely stripped and on a rotisserie, which I have now realized was a rather boneheaded move. It's nice knowing what's hiding underneath though. I'm going to *TRY* to get it assembled into a form that is at least drivable by end of summer, but before reassembly, I need to fix all my rust properly, and figure out how it goes back together, since, very stupidly, I did not take any notes whatsoever while I was taking it apart. Oh well. Lesson learned. I have also learned how NOT to do body work trying to fill in a few holes on my fenders. I think the door went quite a bit better. The antennae hole is up next. Anyway...

I was practicing on these pieces of scrap, which accidentally turned into my newest toy/weapon depending what/who I'm throwing it at (joking of course). It actually flies pretty well.

DSCF2636.jpg

Welded up mirror mounting holes, with little/no warping. Yay. (Not finished)

DSCF2632.jpg

That is all for now...

Welded some of the bumper trim (or whatever it's called) holes up:

DSCF2642.jpg

Started on the antennae hole patch:

DSCF2643.jpg

Almost finished with the drivers door mirror mounts...I hope:

DSCF2644.jpg

And I got this for my birthday. I love getting new parts.

DSCF2650.jpg

I'll try to get some more done tomorrow in the daylight so if I blow out the garage lights again I won't be traipsing through my overly messy garage in the dark shifty.gif

Also, any comments, suggestions, etc. you are free to PM me. I'd appreciate constructive criticism, so that I can try to improve upon whatever needs work.