HybridZ

Tig for sale in Oregon

Saw this on Craigslist. It was incorrectly sorting under Albany, NY,,, should be Albany, OR. I e-mailed the seller and he confirmed.

http://albany.craigslist.org/tls/299841603.html

I don't know the seller, but it seemed like a good price for a tig welder.

If the link doesn't work I copy & pasted the info below

TIG welder - $380

Reply to: sale-299841603@craigslist.org

Date: 2007-03-24, 6:50PM EDT

Miller Econo Twin HF, AC DC, Tig or stick welder, 230 v, 56 amps with Tig torch, argon regulator.

Decent price, ok welder if you dont want to do aluminum. I was considering one of these a while back, but decided money wasnt better spent on mig welder, and getting a better tig when I could. High Freq and squarewave technology is nicer to have, even for mild steel.

Yes it can do aluminum... I have done it with that exact machine, in fact. However, if I were looking for a machine to weld Aluminum on, or was guiding someone else, I would be looking for High Frequency, Square Wave technology. We seem to get these EconTigs in trade a lot, usually in great shape, because people buy them, then realize that what they want is a machine with a little more technology. This machine is decent for light work, but a good Aluminum welder will probably run you a thousand dollars more than what this one is going for.... used. I just got back from Miller's product training in Appleton, WI. I already knew that I couldn't afford a Tig right now, but I learned that what I wanted was actually about $8000 beyond of my budget. Waveform control and high-speed pulse are the business, lol.