HybridZ

MS-I V2.2 board reliability

mobythevan

I noticed in a couple recent threads that people are looking for input on the reliability of the v2.2 board. I just wanted talk about my experience so far since all I have used is the 2.2 board in all the installs I have completed or helped with. My current daily driver has logged 15K miles with v2. board and no problems (not a single reset or loss of program, no weird behaviour). That car is daily driven for over a year now, and also driven to the drag strip and thrashed. I run 18psi boost on that setup so it is pretty mild. The only problem with that setup in 15K miles has been the IAT sensor failing around 8K miles. I had another thread about that.

Now, on the flip side I have personally seen one problematic install. Resets all the time, just a mess. Just so happens that this board was not soldered by me, instead the guy that owns the car wanted to solder it himself to learn how, he had never soldered before :nono: . The last update was that after reflowing and touching up his solder job there have been no more resets.

I have not seen any reliabilty issues with v2.2 except the soldering, and the list of cars I have worked on to come to that conclusion:

My 240z that I sold to Nelson L28et (Nelson drove it 1500 miles back to LA, I think I forgot to tell him I did all the work :D )

Eagle Talon (daily driver)

37 chevy 350sbc TPI

Prox's z car (daily driver??)

77 chevy 1/2 ton with 350sbc TPI (Daily driver)

34 Pontiac 454 with EDIS (only running on test stand right now)

Installs in Progress:

67 Mustang 302 (first v3 board install)

I know people have problems, so this was just my experience FWIW

• 3 weeks later...