HybridZ

i think it wants to start but it won't

280tyler

i got to the point where it time to start my car up for the first time but it won't fire i have good spark and the timing is set right but i don't think i'm getting much fuel when i crank it over it sputters and sounds like it's about to start but it doesnt i don't think it is getting any fuel is there a way to check the injectors to see if there firing i have good fuel presser

i'm running

ms1 v3

440cc injectors

custom fuel rail

stock n42 block and head

t3 turbo

ms extra

does anyone have any ideas

if you heed any more info about my car just let me know thanks

Guest Dashibhs2004

well i cant tell much from your first post but... if your running the stock ecu check your coil wire. I know alot of people who think a big yellow spark is strong and that is NOT TRUE. You want your spark to be blue and small. The reason I mention this is because if your using stuck ecu (which I doubt but ideas help) it reads off the coil pulse. If the wire is bad or not connected good it will mess up the signal to the injectors. The car will read in time I had this problem on my recent rebuild. What is happening is the wave form from the coil is too long and the computer actually only fires on 3 injectors because of it. I haven't taken the time to do the exact math.. just check it, clean out the cap and the utside of the wire and make sure it clicks in.... how do i post a new thread here I can find the button for the life of me.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the input i think it is the timing though i think i might be off by 1 tooth on the oil pump shaft because because i cant get the trigger angle to go anymore then 40 BTDC so i'm going to check that out i will also try giving it more fuel

thanks

tyler

Guest Dashibhs2004

If you want to be able to adjust your oil pump sprocket easily while ur taking if off here is what you do. While taking it off thread one of the longer bolts into a short bolt hole about three threads is fine, then remove the rest, your pump will drop down to the bolt. this will allow you to turn the shaft while it is in the pump making putting the pump in right alot easier. all you have to do after this is take off the distributor mounting piece and reach in there with needle nose pliers and turn the shaft. Make sure to pull the shaft up as that is where is will actualy be when you push the oil pump back up. Im sure you can figure it out. Then all u do when your ready is push the pump back up to the engine, put one of the screws in to hold it, put the long bolt back where it goes and tighten the pump down and check ur timing. The book says 11:25. Dont forget to tdc the motor when ur gonna do this :) I forgot that all the time.