HybridZ

Wiring Harness swap

My engine harness is shot. Its not the fuel injection side but the body side, the side that controls the lights, fusible links ect. Anyway I own a 77 280z and I pulled a prefect harness from a 75 280z. I just wanted to make sure that the harness I pulled would work in my car before I tore into it. Thanks

You're best bet would be to trace the harness that's in the car (engine bay side) back to where it connects to the interior wiring and go through all the conectors and wires to ensure this with your own two eyes. Should only be a 10 minute process to get under the dash and look. This is the area you are referring to correct?

I just wanted to make sure that the harness I pulled would work in my car before I tore into it. Thanks

And what should I be looking for exactly?

You should be looking at the plastic connectors to ensure that A) they are compatible with the "new" harness that you're going to use (IE: will they simply plug into each other?) and B) ensure that the CORRECT wires (same color/function - this is where wiring diagrams would be handy) will be the ones that your plugging in, if that makes sense.

This is a roundabout way of doing it considering nobody has chimed in that has swapped any full harnesses from cars 2 years apart like you are trying to do.